Cork flooring for its qualities became one of the popular flooring options in present time. Cork is now used in many parts of the home including places that are unimaginable to use unlike before and it became trendy popular for both homes and establishment construction. It is important to have knowledge of the basic characteristics of cork when selecting whether or not to use it in a specific space so that you can make a well-informed decision.
Pros when using Cork Flooring
- A total environment material when using cork. Cork is natural, persisting, and easily restoring material. It is collected without giving damage to the tree and it is made from the bark of the cork oak. The cork bark of the oak grows back a few years after. Cork is a biodegradable material and will break down into the environment at the end of its life cycle.
- Hypoallergenic is one of the assets of cork flooring. Unlike carpet, cork drifts to block hair, dust, and other small particles from its surface. Cork material is also worry-free to entirely clean. Cork floors also promote higher indoor air quality for the form it contains.
- Cork contains antimicrobial properties. A waxy material called suberin is part of cork and this material has the capacity to naturally repel small vermin and insects. Suberin makes cork floors resistant to the growth and colonization of these organisms and it helps to promote the heartiness of an environment.
- Consisting of millions of tiny air-filled chambers which makes it a good insulator can be seen inside of a piece of cork. It productively insulates any room as these behave as a blockade against the transmission of noise. With cork flooring, the noise conveyed through the floor to the ceiling below will reduce from any room.
- Effortless installation of cork tiles. Installation of cork tiles is simple as it is only a peel-and-stick operation. Most tile products today have a self-adhesive back.
- The damage is easy to fix. In the case of individual tiles damage, it can be simply lifted up and replaced. For the rightful finish, a matter of coating several layers of sealer will do the works.
- Preservation of cork is easy. When properly installed with multiple layers of a quality water barrier sealer applied to the surface, cork flooring needs less maintenance. Simple sweeping or vacuuming is the only solutions to remove small grit and dirt particles. For floor stain problems, just wipe out the spills immediately.
- The softness it provides and yielding it feels beneath your feet, it has a soft, cushiony surface is one of the best characteristics of cork flooring. The kitchen is one of the best places to use cork flooring where you will be standing for long periods of time.